Thursday, March 23, 2017

City Inn Hotel Plus Ximending

For our Four days-three nights vist in Taipei, we stayed in City Inn Hotel Plus Ximending branch.

Being first time in Taiwan, I read multiple blogs and hotel review to select our place to stay. My option of area to stay were either within Taipei Main Station or within Ximending. In the end, I considered Ximending area because it was closer to the shopping and food area.

Almost all comments I read about City Inn were positive; staffs are nice, close to MRT station, comfty room, etc,. The only negative thing I read was rooms were small. There were also several comments that the hotel tends to be fully booked if your late on reservation. From the reviews, I decided to book our hotel last quarter of 2016 although our trip was for March 2017. I also booked direct to the hotel because I read on blogs that hotels in Taipei are more expensive on booking sites such as Agoda.

By booking online through hotel website you will needing a credit card. Deposit is charged to secure your room. Hours after my reservation, I received an email for confirmation of my room. Then come March 2017, a day before my check-in, a staff from the hotel called me via international call to confirm my reservation including my flight details.

The hotel facade.

Upon arrival in Taipei we transport via the newly opened Taoyuan Airport MRT to proceed to our hotel. The hotel is visible from Exit 3 of Ximending Station We arrived at our hotel at 12NN (1 hour delay from my expected time of arrival). Check-in was fast. They required us to pay the remaining balance for the room. However, our room was not yet available til 3PM. They did advice us to comeback around 2PM because it might be possible that our room will be already be free by then.

While waiting, we spend our time in Ximending. We got back to the hotel at 2PM, waited at the lobby for the room key. Around 2:30, they already gave us our room, ready for occupancy.

We were too tired to take a photo of our room on our check-in, but it looks like exactly what was posted on the website.


Photo credits to cityinn.com.tw
The room and toilet exactly looks like on the photos except for the wall artwork.



Because our room was for 3, we had a single bed and a double bed. In the room, there were refrigerator, safety box, electric kettle, tea, water, snack (Doritos and cookies), slippers, hairdryerand toiletries (a lot!!), everything is free!!. You almost don't need to bring anything. The room was bigger than what I expected. (If you've been in Hongkong, the room is bigger than the standard room in HK.) 

The cable TV is worth mentioning too. For non-Mandarin speaking guest, there were Western Channel. However, personally I was not able to watch a lot because we were always out. When I am in the room, I am always on wifi. The wifi was very fast. No password for all and separate wifi connection for every floor. Inside the room, they had a lot of electric sockets for the appliances and chargers. 

                                     



What I love most on our hotel is their B1 Area (accessible from stairs in lobby and elevator). They provided Coffee, Hot Chocolate, Tea, and water on the pantry. Microwave and Oven were also in the pantry for use. They provided table for dining. They also had a room for laundry and washing machine, free of charge. Two (2) desktop computer were also installed (1 more PC on the lobby). Most of the time I went to the pantry to get drinks, their hot chocolate was so delicious. Coffee was so-so. 

The hotel does not provide breakfast but no worries Ximending is two traffic light away and KFC serves breakfast. If you love Chinese food, food carts were also on the street. In front of the hotel is Family Mart and FE21 department (Mcdo on basement but open only during department store hours).

Overall, I have a very pleasant stay, all staff I met were helpful and courteous. I definitely will stay again in the hotel when I visit Taipei. I would also recommend this place to anyone (just remember to book your room in advance!!)

👣


No comments:

Post a Comment